Monday, September 17, 2007

The universe and God

I'd like to start off my blog with a little philosophical reflection.

Does God have a place in a universe where it was apparently created by some cosmic accident?

According to modern theories the universe was created by The Big Bang. It proposes that the universe was once extremely compact, dense, and hot. By some chance the universe exploded(The Big Bang) and has ever since been expanding and cooling.

It was Einstein who said 'God does not play dice with the universe.' I too agree with his statement. I would have hard time believing that universe is nothing more than a game of dice.

Einstein believed in a sort of pantheistic God. His God was similar to Spinoza's God.
He wrote, 'I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts.'

Although I do not agree with everything Einstein said, I share many of his beliefs. I believe the universe is a like a clock and that God the is the clockmaker and the laws of physics are the gears.


How could this be 'a game of dice'?















Reference: http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v23/i1/einstein.asp

No comments: